Sunday, July 18, 2010

Days 6 and 7

Ho hum, not much to report.

J gave me a symptoms chart to fill in over the weekend, so I've completed that.

The ache in the small of my back seems to have migrated to one of my knees - dammit! Now I'm in a dilemma. Should I

a) report the pain to J tomorrow, stressing that I realise its very unlikely to be poo transplant-related, and risk being tagged as a hypocondriac?

b) ignore the pain, which, although highly unlikely, may be somehow related to my treatment, and further more, be a missing piece in the puzzle?

I'm going to go with option a) - I always do. It will be with a sinking feeling, though; I've never come across anywhere where I've been believed at all times - and unfortunately that includes the Centre.

I've already reported unexpected fatigue and a sore back - and now I'm about to add a sore knee to the equation. I'm really worried that the sum of the equation will end up being 'you're lying'.

I know I'm flogging a dead horse here, but I really don't understand the skepticism. Why would I make up 'red herring' symptoms, that could end up sending me in the wrong direction? The only possible motivation I can think of is to seek attention - but there are ways of doing that that are a hell of a lot cheaper (and less destructive).

Anyways, Ryan has caught the flu from someone at work, so I've banished myself to the spare room - the last thing I need is more ailments to confuse the issue!