Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 51

Hate hate hate..

Day 39 was even worse than Day 38, and I've been hovering in a haze of unwellness ever since. I only took Days 38 and 39 off work though. I have goodish days, but mainly lots of bad days.

The worst thing is the mental cloudiness - until today, I've managed to keep it all together by applying double the effort to reach a normal standard of intelligence (unfortunately, brain power is needed for my job as a Business Analyst).

Today, though, the wheels fell off the cart. I had to conduct an impact assessment analysis, and for some reason, when doing my calculations, I read 1.7 million to be 17 million. Which obviously stuffed up my results. Which I proceeded to innocently distribute to my contacts, impressing them all with my stupidity.

When the Project Manager pointed out my error (cringe!) I tried to recalculate, only to realise that my brain didn't seem to know how to write 1 700 000. At which point I had to phone a friend to ask how to write it. QUADRUPLE CRINGE!! (Sandi, I hope you aren't reading this, o victim of my dodgy impact assessment!)

Anyways, I'm sick of this shit. Surely 8.5yrs of mental humiliation is enough for anyone, particularly on this side of 80?

I can only hope that this is the mental cloudiness' "last hurrah". I'm still not getting the mood swings, so hopefully we are progressing..kind of...some how?

Hate hate hate!