Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 171

Back again!

Well, I ended up having just three consecutive treatments in November; one of the donors was going on holidays, and the prospective replacement donor didn't pass the strict screening process, so I wasn't able to continue on.

There's been no improvement in my food intolerances at all, since the initial improvement (ie when I started eating fairly 'normal' bread). However, I've had a few compliments on how much healthier I look; the most memorable one was from a colleague I hadn't seen for about 6 months, who didn't even know I was getting treatment. After seeing me in a meeting, she pulled me aside to say that this was the first time that she'd seen any colour in my face in the 2 yrs we'd known each other, and that she just had to ask what had caused it.

And even though I seem to be the only one to notice it, my eyes are definitely less puffy; I still get a bit of a surprise every morning by how big they are.

So..there's not much improvement overall, but still more improvement than I've ever had before, so I'll stick with it, and try and get some more appointments when the clinic re-opens. My theory is that I've been so sick for so long, and the bad bacteria are so well established, that its going to take more than a few sessions to get it sorted.

Let's hope it's a Healthy New Year!